With the coming of age of the digital era, clients have become more savvy about cameras and technology. But they still have lots of questions about professional photography. We thought it would be a good idea to save your time by answering them now. If you can't find the answer to questions here, call us at 1-847-533-8466 to speak with one of our knowledgeable customer service representatives. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who are you?
Aerial Images Photography has been taking aerial photographs since 1988. We are a ma-and-pa operation which allows us to concentrate on each project with the utmost of custome care. Over the years, we have worked with many Fortune 500 companies and our work has been published in magazines and TV.
We are located in the Chicago area, but cover all of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan and Iowa.
Drones: Yes or No?
It used to be NO, but now it is YES. Our main concern had always been the quality of the photography, so we avoided them. But, due to rapidily improving technology with the cameras, stability and ease of use, we have re-evaluated them and found them to be a viable product to our clients.
For more information, click on the DRONES category at the top of this page.
Are you legal with the FAA?
Our drones are registered with the FAA, but we also have submitted the necessary Section 333 petition to allow us to fly these drones for commercial purposes. We expect to be fully and legally authorized by the end of Feb, 2016.
Which drones do you prefer?
DJI Corp. has 80% of the drones marketshare with their Phantom and Inspire1 lines of drones. We have seen many of them perform and tried them out, and we have been quite impressed with the firmware, software and construction. DJI products are very innovative, but most importantly, their units are very stable, easy to fly and the video has no camera shake.
Do you fly the airplane and shoot at the same time?
Absolutely not. In the Chicago and Indiana area, we know of many aerial photographers who fly their airplane and shoot photographs at the same time. This is a highly dangerous operation and raises the question: If you are taking photographs, who is flying the airplane?
We want to assure you that Aerial Images Photography always has a pilot flying the airplane while the photographer is taking your photographs. These pilots are often corporate and airline pilots with thousands of flight hours experience.
What kind of camera are you using and why?
We utilize the famous 21mp Canon 1DS Mark III and the Mark II cameras used by other professional photographers around the world.. Canon has 70% of the pro market and Nikon, Sony, and Mamiya share the other 30%. There must be a good reason Canon has such a large portion of the market.
Do you ever take clients with you?
Absolutely. And it is to our benefit that they come with....because once over their sites, the client will see the angles he needs and can tell us exactly what he wants.
Do you fly around Midway and Ohare airports?
The areas around major airport have highly restricted airspace and not everyone is allowed to fly in it. With our 8500 flight hours, we have a superb relationship with the air traffic controllers and;95% of the time, permission is granted immediately to fly into areas others will refuse to go.to go.
Are hard copy prints included as part of your package?
Sorry, but no. ;You will receive a set of low res video-ready images as part of your photo mission contract. Hard copy prints are additionally priced, as are high res images, courtroom testimony, etc. . See the "Basic Pricing" page for more information.